Monday, November 16, 2009

"City Light" The Charlie Chaplin Movie

There might be very few who has not heard of the great Charlie Chaplin, the man who took the genre of comedy into greater heights. I still remember my childhood days where I would be watching Charlie Chaplin movies for hours. I had the opportunity to again cherish my days, as we went to watch a movie of Charlie Chaplin at Strasbourg. As usual our professor Bill Thomas involves us into diverse cultural experience in order to gain a wide knowledge of why we are here during our first semester where we could be staying in campus. Whether it is an orchestra concert, dance concert, a play, classical concert or even a classic movie, he makes us utilize the most out of everything.
Moving on with the movie, I was thrilled to watch Charlie Chaplin’s movie after ages. Throughout the movie, I kept my eyes open as I didn’t wanted to miss even a single part. The most remarkable thing about the movie was that it was shown on a projector and was interpreted with the huge orchestra. This was totally an amazing experience for me as I had never encountered such a show so far in my life. Throughout the show the musicians showed their composer and quality performance in order to compliment the movie. While watching I had the sense of idea on how much the musicians had to put efforts to provide the background music for movies.
As the movie began to flow with the music from the orchestra, I was able to pick out certain themes that would relate in my daily life. As far as I understood the movie, it had all the ingredients that a well directed and well written movie is all about. It had comedy, tragedy, and a moral story that would resemble with our everyday lives. The movie was all about how Charlie Chaplin meets this beautiful blind lady, starts falling in love with her and tries to make her feel that she is one of a special kind none the less of her blindness. Charlie tries to help her out even though he has been going through with his own troubled life. Even though he himself can’t afford anything himself, he is able to sacrifice everything for that lady and make her happy. During this course of time, he goes through a lot of difficulties but in the end he makes his way to her heart and makes her see the world through her own eyes. For me this movie was not just about humor but it had the essential elements that we go through every day. The show ended with an amazing performance from the orchestra group and the performers received a huge round of applause from the whole crowd as everyone completely loved the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment