Friday, November 6, 2009

A reflection on the dance performance

Dance is definitely a form of art but the dance show which I had recently visited was one of a kind. It was not just a particular dance rather it was a form of an act of drama, athleticism, coordination, and enthusiasm. So far this the most unusual show I have ever visited. Along with its unusual character, it was a pleasure to watch the dancers perform on the stage. The stage was set up in a horrifying light effects and its presence was simply very evil. The woman who was the narrator of the act had one of the most howling voices I had ever heard which such enriched the whole act. The backup musicians and the act of the whole performance complimented each other in a very fascinating way. Personally, I felt that the message the performers were trying to convey was that there is always the good and the bad and it all depends on how one take their life. When the show started with the performers who were naked where they were wrapped with the shining cloth, I thought it had to do with some kind of evil spirit. The act had to do with so much of light as provided the different aroma with the stage. I felt that light had the major effect on the outlook of the act as it looked really scary and haunted. There were different interpretations within the whole act as it was sometimes going very fast and sometimes it was slow.


If I had to go back and think about the performance, I would just be able to appreciate the performers as they had put forth so much effort to make the whole show energetic and lively. It was praiseworthy to see the endurance, fluidity and flexibility of the performers as they were the ones who kept the crowd look totally astonished. Personally, I believe this was one of the best visits I have encountered. This has not only made me think again and again but had inspired me that human can achieve anything if they have the will and determination.

2 comments: